If you’ve done all you can think of tidy things up in your garden but it’s still looking a little bland, consider adding a little something extra to create some interest and excitement to your outdoor space:
Add a Pop of Colour
The easiest way to add some instant colour is to stop by your nearest nursery and pick up a few trays of brightly coloured annuals. Pop them into beds, pots or hanging baskets to give your garden an instant lift.
Another alternative is to re-paint your garden furniture in bright and modern tones or add a few brightly coloured pots to a drab corner.
Plant a Tree
A tree can create an attractive focal point in an otherwise flat landscape, especially if it has interesting features like rough bark, beautiful flowers, tasty fruit (meyer lemon trees in particular are a great choice), or an incredible autumn colour display.
If your garden isn’t very big, don’t worry, there are plenty of smaller and visually interesting species, such as the Japanese Maple or Crab Apple, to choose from.
When selecting the perfect tree for your garden, ask yourself the following questions:
- What will the mature height and spread of the tree be?
- What is the tree’s tolerance to your climate?
- What are the best soil conditions for the tree?
- How susceptible is the tree to pests and diseases?
Install a Water Feature
Much like a tree, a water feature creates an alluring focal point in any garden. An added benefit is the calming sound of gently trickling water. Soothing Company has a myriad of modern water feature options to choose from. We recommend giving them a visit to find the perfect style and size to suit your space.
Update Your Outdoor Furniture
If your garden furniture is looking a little weathered, then a good sanding and a lick of paint will go a long way in making it look as good as new. Add a few cushions to make your seating cosy and you’re all set to relax and soak up the warm summer sun.
- What Goes into Creating the Outdoor Area of Your Dreams?
- Bloom Box Club: What about this for a subscription?
- How to Enhance Your Backyard with a Brand New Pergola
- Advantages Of Using Worm Castings
Install Garden Lighting
Garden lighting will transform your garden into a tranquil and inviting night-time oasis. With the vast array of affordable solar lighting options on the market today, there’s no need to spend a small fortune on digging up your yard to install electrical cabling.
Add lighting to the following areas to give your night-time garden some sparkle:
- Invite people to enjoy the walk by lighting up pathways. Add twinkle lights to a tree or pergola to give it an enchanted feel. Show off your beautiful blooms by placing lights in your flower beds. Highlight a focal point by lighting it up with a mini spotlight. Create a feeling of romance by strategically placing candles on your patio and hanging glowing lanterns from trees.
Make a Living Wall
Living walls have been all the rage for several years and are ideally suited to small unused spaces so why not give it a go. It will certainly grab the attention of your friends and family members. Living wall kits are readily available online and from garden centres and many even include nifty self-watering systems. Most can be adjusted to suite any size wall and you can plant them with anything from brightly coloured annuals and perennials to yummy herbs or even vegetables.
Are you looking to add to your garden so that you can create a haven? We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments section below. As always if you’ve found this article of any value we’d love for you to share it with your friends and family across social media and beyond.