2 Skincare And Beauty Trends That Will Change Your Fall Routine
Falls brings with it the eagerly awaited trends in beauty. Sultry dark shades of purple, red, violet, and orange, knee-high leather boots, cosy sweatshirts and overcoats that make you feel like you’re in a fancy Hollywood flick. Exciting, no? So what to follow this fall to make it extra stunning? These fall trends in makeup and skincare will make sure you’re kept up to date.
Say goodbye to ‘no makeup’ makeup look!
Fall is all about mesmerising colours. Dark lipsticks and dramatic eyeshadows are what you need this fall. Lip shades like violet, burgundy, oxblood, and chocolate brown are trending and look beautiful on just about every complexion, so don’t be afraid to go for bold lips. This the season!
Try a matte smoky-eye, and if you’re not into that, go for a coloured eyeliner and you won’t be disappointed! If you’re into hair colouring, why not get your hair highlighted with shades of orange, red or maroon? Make fall an excuse for a head-to-toe makeover!
If colour is not your thing try a bold eye with glittery eye shadow and voluminous lashes. Add a rosy blush for that chilly weather flushed look.
You may have noticed the trend of bold, full brows thanks in part to Glossier’s Boy Brow ads! Full, more natural and dramatic looking brows are in and we think they are here to stay! So hold off on plucking, fill in with a brow pencil and you’re good to go.
Check out these other fall makeup ideas.
Fall trends in skincare go in line with the threats to our skin that fall brings. Increased wind whips, decrease in humidity levels, and exposure to the sun can harm our skin greatly. Dryness, irritation, windburns, dullness and rashes are common problems with skin in fall.
Here are some of the things to try for skincare this fall:
- Use gentle body washes, soaps, and moisturisers.
- Do not use products with harsh chemicals, alcohol or artificial scents.
- Make aloe, coconut oil, and glycerin your best friend this fall. Apply these to your face and body to keep the skin glowing and moisturised.
- Use a Vitamin C serum. It fights dark spots and uneven skin tone which are common in fall.
- Scarves are back in town! Cover your face with a soft scarf on windy days.
- Drink a lot of water and eat foods with omega 3.
- Use micellar water to gently wipe off your makeup with a cleanser. Do not rub your skin too much, be gentle.
- Petroleum jellies are a classic because of their main ingredient petroleum which helps seal the skin. Use it on your feet and wear soft socks. Here are some more essential fall skincare tips.
This time of the year is an opportunity to say goodbye to 2019. As the end nears, let’s indulge in giving ourselves the gifts of self-confidence, self-love, and happiness, and what better way to do that than to make ourselves look and feel beautiful? Hope we all slay this fall!