Fat burners and weight loss supplements are taking the fitness world by storm. While some fitness enthusiasts swear by the effectiveness of fat burners, others are not big fans. But, are they really as effective as the manufacturers claim them to be? Here is everything you need to know about fat burners and their effectiveness.
A Common Misconception
When it comes to dietary supplements and fat burners, a common misconception is that they always work. While most of them are effective, fat burners must be consumed with a balanced diet and regular exercise regime. Fat burners effectively beat cravings, reduce appetite, and boost metabolism to enhance the fat-burning process.
They are made with a set of natural and artificial ingredients that collectively promote weight loss using their own fat-burning mechanism and properties. The ingredients used in weight loss supplements promote fat oxidation, increase energy expenditure, and reduce the absorption of fat. This, in turn, helps burn more fat and promotes weight loss. Note that a nutritious diet, regular exercise regime, and a healthy lifestyle are needed to enhance the effectiveness of fat burners.
How do Fat Burners Work?
Let’s take a brief look at the mechanism of fat burners and determine whether or not they actually work.
- Thermogenesis: When your body produces heat, it automatically burns more calories and fat. Supplements that induce thermogenesis produce more body heat and thus melt more fat deposited in the adipose tissues.
- Boost in Metabolic Rate: Whether you are sleeping, working out, or sitting, your metabolic rate will determine the number of calories your body can burn. The higher the metabolic rate, the more calories your body will burn. Some fat burners directly work on elevating your metabolic rate, thereby helping burn more fat.
- Lipolysis: The process of breakdown of lipids is known as lipolysis and crucial to losing weight. The triglycerides in your body are hydrolyzed into free fatty acids and glycerol, which
- Reduction in Appetite: Naturally, if you eat less, you consume fewer calories and lose more weight. Fat burners suppress hunger and keep you full for longer. When your body is deprived of calories and glucose that is typically used as energy, it turns to fat for energy. This, in turn, will burn more fat.
Possible Side Effects
As mentioned, fat burners come with a ton of side effects too. Some of them include anxiety, heart palpitations, changes in blood sugar levels, and liver damage in extreme cases. Since higher consumption of such supplements can cause severe side effects such as cardiac issues and hypertension, you should be careful when incorporating them into your regime.
Types of Fat Burners
- Caffeine: Caffeine, which is commonly found in coffee and tea, is an effective fat burner and is known for its stimulating properties. It enhances the function of the central nervous system and accelerates the thermogenesis process.
- Green Tea Extract: An extremely concentrated version of green tea, this weight loss supplement is packed with antioxidants and enhances the process of fat oxidation, thereby burning more fat.
- Theobromine: This component is found in cocoa beans and extracted to form the theobromine supplement. It is highly popular as it barely produces any side effects and works similar to caffeine.
- Yohimbine hydrochloride (HCL): It is extracted from an evergreen tree commonly found in West Africa. Along with burning fat, this component also helps build muscle mass.
If you live in Australia, you can have access to several effective supplements that help boost weight loss. To find the best fat burners in Australia, research the best suppliers in your region and get in touch with them. You can also consult your fitness trainer to provide the contact of reliable suppliers and brand names.
How to Consume Them?
As mentioned, you must not completely rely on fat-burning supplements and instead make them a part of your healthy lifestyle. Since weight loss depends on 70% diet, 20% exercise, and 10% lifestyle changes, consider the inclusion of weight loss supplements within the 10%. The way you consume fat burners depends on their type and form. In most cases, fat burners are recommended for consumption once in the morning right before breakfast or before you exercise. This will boost energy and help you perform better. Since your body’s metabolic rate is slower in the morning as compared to the rest of the day, consuming a fat burner during this period will produce more effective results.
Consult your medical practitioner to determine the best type of fat burner or weight loss supplement depending on your body, age, gender, and health condition. They will also suggest whether or not you should take any weight loss supplements at all. You can also consult a certified fitness trainer to prepare an effective weight loss program.