Whether you’ve been vaping for years or you’ve recently ditched your traditional cigarettes for an electronic alternative, the chances are you’ve seen a lot of bad press about nicotine.
Are we right?
The truth is, nicotine is the chemical compound from tobacco plants. Although it is a highly addictive substance, it’s the mixture of chemicals in tobacco that makes cigarettes deadly. That’s because, when tobacco burns, it is inhaled. This then causes a sticky tar to build-up inside the lungs which – along with thousands of other toxic chemicals – can cause cancer.
Whilst vaping is considered a healthier alternative to conventional smoking, some people still believe that using e-liquids that contain nicotine is detrimental to health.
This begs the question, is it safe to vape without nicotine?
The simple answer is yes – but there are a few potential side effects of vaping without nicotine, such as:
- Mouth irritation
- Toxic damage to the cells
So, before you start adjusting your nicotine intake, you need to weigh up the pros and cons. For example, if you’re an ex-smoker, keen to cut down your nicotine levels, gradually reducing the strength of your e-liquid is ideal. After all, if you suddenly stop using it, you’ll likely experience withdrawal symptoms and more cigarette cravings.
Reasons to choose nicotine-free e-liquids for vaping:
- Remove the addiction – a typical e-liquid consist of VG (Vegetable Glycerine) or PG (Propylene Glycol), water, flavourings and nicotine. By taking nicotine out of the equation, the e-juice is no longer addictive.
- Non-toxic – all of the ingredients in a nicotine-free flavour are food-grade, and safe for consumption. Whilst all e-liquids must be kept out of reach of children, it’s reassuring to know that there is nothing toxic in these that will bring any harm to them, should they get their hands on them.
- Smooth vape experience – advanced vapers tend to turn to sub-ohm vaping which requires a lower nicotine strength for maximum flavour and to ensure a smooth vape. And without any nicotine, vapes are smoother on the inhale – reducing the risk of a harsh throat hit.
- Rich in flavour – if you’re someone who enjoys a flavoursome vape – be it something fruity, sugary or minty – a zero nicotine e-liquid will allow you to focus on the taste without a strong hit to the throat.
- Great for cloud-chasing – want to create the biggest clouds of vapour? Eager to learn a few fancy vaping tricks? There really is no need to include nicotine in the mix as you’ll only end up inhaling too much while you practice!
- Discounted prices – whilst the market for nicotine-based e-liquids is extensive, you can get some wonderful flavours that contain zero nicotine. And the best bit? They cost a fraction of the price too.
Ready to go nicotine-free?
Quitting smoking by going cold turkey doesn’t always work and can cause you to have deeper cravings. The first step is to check the strength of the e-liquid that you are currently using.
If it’s a high-strength 18mg e-liquid, look at moving on to a medium-strength juice. If you’ve been using a medium 12mg, consider swapping to a low-strength. And if you’re already using a low 6mg strength, then now is the time to check out the 0mg nicotine-free options.
You’ll find a wide range of e-liquids online at Cloudstix – including an assortment of delicious flavours, well-respected brands and nicotine strengths – all priced competitively and ready to be delivered to your door in just a few days. Why not browse the collection in full and click through for more detailed information? You’re sure to find something that satisfies your needs and budget.