Colombian Coffee – Things You Should Know
Colombian coffee is exported world-wide. Many coffee lovers enjoy the rich aroma and sweet flavor of this caffeinated beverage. Here are some things you probably don’t know about Columbia’s coffee.
The Same Coffee Beans?
The Arabica coffee bean is one of the most popular beans around. It was originally grown in Arabia. However, it has now made its way around the world. When you hear “Colombian coffee” don’t get confused. It’s still the same type of bean. However, it is grown in Colombia.
Coffee from Colombia has a unique taste compared to the regular Arabian one. Columbia’s geography plays a big part in achieving this.
These beans are incredibly sensitive to weather conditions. They grow best in sub-tropical and tropical regions. For better crops, these beans are grown at altitudes of 1.2 – 1.6 miles. Colombia meets these conditions perfectly.
The Arabica plant usually takes up to 10 months before being ready for harvest. The Arabica tree has an average height of about 6 feet world-wide but can grow as tall as 9 feet. However, Colombian bean trees grow only about 4 feet tall.
Colombian vs. Arabica
Despite coming from the same type of bean, coffee from Colombia and that from Arabia are quite different.
The major difference between Colombian and Arabica coffee is the area that they come from, as we’ve pointed out earlier. However, Colombia’s rich soil greatly affects the taste of the beans it produces. Furthermore, this bean also goes though different harvesting and processing methods. As a result, the beans grown here have a unique flavor.
This type has a dull, thick appearance. It also has a strong flavor. However, the drink’s strength will depend greatly on how long it’s brewed. If you want your drink stronger, brew it for a longer length of time.
Some people add flavours such as saffron, cinnamon, or cardamom for an enhanced taste. If you wish, you can also add milk or sugar. Brewing it isn’t really that different from brewing tea. Click here to learn more about the Arabica variety or just to acquire more in-depth knowledge on the subject.
What Are the Benefits?
Taking moderate amounts of caffeine every day can give you a lot of benefits. Here are some of them:
• Improves your cognitive function.
• May help improve your memory.
• Helps increase your energy levels.
• Boosts your metabolic rate.
• Increases your adrenaline levels and improves your physical performance.
• Contains antioxidants that helps your body deal with free radicals.
• May reduce the risk of heart disease.
• Rich in various vitamins and nutrients, thereby improving your general health.
Despite the various benefits of taking coffee, excessive caffeine consumption has some risks. Here are some of them:
• Depression and anxiety. In the long run, you may have to start taking medication to help with this condition.
• Some people may experience symptoms of insomnia if they ingest too much caffeine.
• Taking too much caffeine can cause headaches and migraines. However, taking it in small doses might help relieve a headache.
• Drinking over 4 cups of caffeine-rich drink daily can cause premature death. Too much coffee can badly affect your heart’s health.
• Some people experience stomach aches after taking this drink. Most times this happens when you drink it on an empty stomach.
• Some individuals are incredibly sensitive to caffeine. As a result, they may experience allergic reactions such as pain or hives.
• Caffeinated beverages won’t help you if you have sleeping problems. In fact, they will make you stay awake even longer.
• People who take this beverage with added sugar should be wary of how much they add. Excessive sugar consumption could lead to diabetes and obesity. Visit https://www.caffeineinformer.com/harmful-effects-of-caffeine to learn more about the harmful effects.
What Amount Of Caffeine Should You Take?
First, this isn’t recommended for children at all. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s give you a general idea of how much you can take…
Some adults take up to 1000mg of caffeine daily. This is really dangerous for your heart. The highest amount an adult should take per day is about 400mg of caffeine (this is about 4 or 5 cups of coffee per day). It is advised that you don’t exceed this quantity in order to avoid any negative reactions.
Overall, Colombian coffee is a great pick-me-up to start your day. Drinking it in moderate quantities comes with a number of benefits. However, taking too much can end up causing serious problems. And as an important note: Individuals going through certain health conditions should avoid caffeinated beverages completely.