The great outdoors, the wind blowing in your hair, and the sun setting in the background is a scene not just for the movies. Life is too short to not enjoy the simpler things.
Sipping iced drinks while sitting at little wicker tables on the promenade, lounge music playing in the background, and getting everyone ready for a fun-filled evening of laughter and life is good.
Thanks to the great advice from your mother you have planned an Alicante vacation trip that is going swimmingly well, being organized has never felt this good you tell her on the phone.
It is not hard to understand that if we have things in place before an event or excursion that when we get to the other side we have significantly less stress, and this couldn’t be truer for travelling. We are certainly going to know what is happening next for each day for the most part and this way we can enjoy and take in every experience.
The 3 main points to consider when planning a trip is budget, accommodation, and transport. The latter being the one that you do your research and homework on whilst jotting down your road map.
If you know that there are going to be days’ of long drives then comfort is going to be your best friend, if you’re simply staying on the coast and taking short trip excursions every other day, then that soft top, the luxury vehicle you have always had your eye on may just be making your dreams come true, even if only for a short while.
All you need to decide on is who will be driving that convertible soft top.
The right vehicle.
Knowing what to look for when hiring a rental car abroad can be tricky if you don’t know the area or it is your first time opting to rent as opposed to using the local transportation, so a few basics to check and tick off can help set you off in the right direction.
- Itinerary. Knowing where and how many activities you plan on taking part in, and discussing this with your rental company can offer the most suitable option for your needs and travel companion dynamics. Find a car to complement your adventure, but still easy to drive and comfortable.
- Size. This is mostly decided on by the size of your party and the luggage that comes with it, but if it is just the two of you and you are looking to drive a ‘monster truck’ consider other alternatives too before jumping straight in. Think about the fuel consumption, parking capabilities, and ease of use. Bigger may not always be better.
Take a moment to read here https://www.smartertravel.com/car-rental-tips/ for some quick tips and tricks to familiarize yourself when looking at car sizes, and this way you have as much knowledge as possible to make the right decision.
- Extras. Read the website ahead of time if possible and see if they offer vehicles with DVD or cd players, an internal navigational system or will you need to bring a portable one with you. These all add to the driving experience and besides, who doesn’t love singing out of tune at the top of your voice to your favorite songs, am I right?
- Browse. Similar to what you would do while out shopping, you look at a few varieties before choosing the final one, the same goes for hiring a car. Look at all the options available within your budget, weigh up the pros and cons of each while noting their ‘amenities.’ Once you have chosen a particular model you can then begin to search the rental companies in the area for the best price.
- Conclusion. You have found the right company and vehicle, and it is time to go pick it up. Be sure to have all your paperwork, and the most invaluable advice is to check the car thoroughly while it is still on the premises. Any kinks, queries, or concerns you may have can be addressed then and there. Check for any tell-tale markings, dents, or scuffs on the vehicle and that they have been written down in the contract agreement.
We all love a good trip away that offers nothing but sunshine and even more so if it means first flying to get there, the smell of sunblock and cocktails as you step off the plane, and the tsunami heatwave hitting you from all sides.
You have everything under control, you made all the necessary arrangements to drop the luggage at the hotel collect, collect the rental vehicle you booked and paid a deposit for, and get this holiday on the ball. Does the only issue seem that what you saw online and the images of the rental company and the car itself don’t seem to match up when you arrive there? Did you miss something?
Reputable car rental companies.
There are plenty of car rental firms around and more often than we would like to hear about, tourists are being scammed or taken advantage of because they don’t speak the language and they opted for a deal that seemed too good to be true and which is now coming to fruition.
You need to be sure that, especially when making online deposits, that the company you are booking with is a reliable and trusted firm. One that has a legitimate website with contactable details and has customer comments and reviews that are positive. There is a professional work demeanor about the webpage as well as the employees if you speak to them via the phone, and when arriving at the venue you feel like they know the industry, the business, and what it takes to get the job done.
When looking for an Alicante leiebil vehicle you want to know that the firm takes customer satisfaction and care as a priority and that you are in safe and reliable hands. They listen to what you need, your concerns, and offer options that suit not only your adventure but your budget.
Life is full of surprises, some good others not so much, but the main objective to discovering them is to take a chance, ‘to live a little’ as the old saying goes. Traveling to new places can be the mental break you needed from the 9 to 5 commute to work every day, or the eye-opening experience of self-awareness, no matter the outcome life is to be enjoyed.
All you need to do now is to jump into that sports car with 2 seats (even if only rented for now), hit play on the sound system that has been loaded with the best road trip songs – click here for some inspiration on that – and tick off all the boxes that have been carefully planned and plotted along the coastal line on the map. Who knew paper maps were still so much fun, albeit vintage they add a little excitement to the trip, lines get skewed, drinks are spilt on it, and you end up on roads less travelled ( or at least that weren’t part of the trip, to begin with; win-win).