The Ultimate Guide to Video Marketing for Travel Industry
Traveling is exploring or going to different places for either pleasure or business. Over the past few years, the travel business has witnessed a massive boost. Perhaps people now resonate with what Sir Richard Burton said, “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.”
Technology has played a significant part in connecting the world with both transport and media. The travel industry’s boost has mostly been credited to the enhancement of technology. In this article, you will understand ways in which video marketing can further uplift the travel industry.
Importance of Video in Marketing –
An average American spends about 80% time of his year in a cubicle. A lot of them daydream for hours about taking a vacation to some exotic place. It is a fact that 64% of them watch travel videos while planning for their trip. So yes, video marketing is the path, let us understand how –
- Based on Cisco’s research, around 80% of the consumer traffic on the Internet will be due to videos by 2021.
- Youtube, a video-sharing platform, is one of the most significant search engines. It has over 1 Billion active users. Hence, if you can create a video that markets your business well, you can have access to a broad public.
- According to Forrester Research, 60 seconds of a video is as impactful as 1 million words.
- The search engine loves video content, so if you have a compelling video on your website, it will boost your page’s SEO ranking and make you accessible to more audiences.
That explains why you need videos as your companion to boost your travel marketing.
Different types of videos can boost your brand –
Let’s move to our main section which will tell you about the types of videos used in marketing which can promote your company in various ways –
- Informative – For a traveler, the essential thing is an assurance. A surety that the place he/she visits is desirable, a promise that spending his hard-earned money will be worth it.
To gain that confidence, you need to ensure that your video is as informative as possible. Infographic videos are a great example of everything from the package, tourist spots, and destination, what kind of cuisine is available, and the available activities. This will allow your viewer to get a general idea about your brand and the place, enabling him to trust you.
- Profile Video – The reason people choose a brand is because they can rely on it. Profile Videos are an excellent choice to create and enhance your brand image. One of the most important things to remember while creating a profile video is to include your happy customers. This can highlight your facilities and enhance your credibility among the audience.
- Destination Videos – Destination videos are highly appreciated in social media, which often makes them go viral. The benefit of this attention is, not only people know about the destination, but it also promotes your brand. A destination videos target specific requirements in terms of package or places. They allow travelers to understand the specialities, cuisine, tradition, and spots of the destination,
- Short Ads – The classic style of promotion is still one of the most reliable forms of video marketing. These ads are usually around 30 seconds and can be created to spread awareness about a package, brand, or special offers.
- Video Brochures – This format of the video has captured the attention of several travelers. It is trendy in the marketing industry. One of the reasons why people enjoy it is because it gives them the freedom to choose what to look at, based on their needs. For example, brochures can be created with QR codes. A traveler can use his/her mobile phone to scan the code and play the video, which is relevant to them.
In brochures, you can include profile videos, cuisine and culture, tour packages, and so much more.
- GIFs – The most modern and hilarious form of promoting your brand can be through GIFs. They are said to be the Internet’s gestures and are heavily used in social media apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, or Instagram. Using GIFs can be a fun way to make people aware of your brand. GIFs are usually less than 5 seconds long. You can easily create GIFs using free video editing software.
That explains to us the various types of videos that one can use to promote their business. You can use these different formats based on distinct occasions and seasons. This will keep your viewers engaged and keep your branding look very interesting.
Video marketing and Travel Industry go hand in hand
Now that you’re informed of the significance of video let’s discuss the effect of video on the travel industry –
- 79% of the Youtube viewers look at personal travel choices through Youtube, making it the most popular application for travel videos.
- 54% of travelers choose their accommodation after going through multiple videos.
- 63% of the tourists watch videos to understand and select which activity to do at their destinations.
Videos allow you to bond –
A vital point to note here is that through videos, you not only depict the facilities you can offer to your guests, but you can also show the emotions which the place carries.
This is where most of the brands lack. They just cover the basics where they show the area, the hotels, and the rooms. But when you go in-depth and try to explain the emotions and cultures, it allows you to bond with your viewers.
4 Essential tips to keep in mind –
Here are some crucial suggestions that will allow you to avoid some common mistakes and enhance your video quality –
- Try to create shorter videos that are less than 60 seconds long. According to the Tourism Marking Agency, a video that is less than 1 minute long will encourage 60% more audience to finish it.
- Be precise about your video being mobile-friendly. The majority of the audience uses mobile to watch videos.
- Ensure that your video is sharable on all the major social media platforms.
- Rather than the final product, show the process. Show your staff and your journey. It helps to construct a healthy relationship with your customers.
That concludes the ultimate guide to video marketing for the travel industry. As promising video marketing is, it is imperative to be persistent. Keep sharing your content regularly to reach more viewers. Remember the famous quote by J.R.R Tolkien, “Not all who wander are lost.” So keep wandering with your videos till you understand what works best for you. And when you do that, you will see your viewers wandering to you!