How to Gain Muscle Mass Fast?
Despite the general belief, growing muscle mass doesn’t necessarily mean changing the workout routine drastically or following a bland diet.
No matter if you are an experienced athlete or have just begun the gym journey, you should know a thing or two about bodybuilding, muscle mass increasing, and proper nutrition, before the next time you hit the gym.
Lack of valuable knowledge on the subject can lead to unwanted consequences. The effect you are aiming for – growing muscle, reducing fat, and visually changing the silhouette – may take more time and effort than needed if you do things the wrong way.
When people start going to the gym, they naturally dedicate their time, energy, and resources. As such, they want to see immediate results. However, a body change, like any other change, requires time and patience.
Your body can build around 8 ounces of pure muscle mass every week. That means you will need more than a month to grow 2 pounds of muscle mass. It may sound demotivating at first, but fortunately, there are some methods you could use to speed up the process.
It will require lots of motivation and discipline, but if these two are the character traits you have, you shouldn’t worry. The two main factors you will have to be extremely mindful of will be diet and exercise. Correct exercise types and a balanced nutrition plan will help you build muscle mass and preserve it as you get older.
If you want to know everything about how to gain muscle mass fast, keep on reading!
Building muscle mass strongly depends on what and how you are fueling your body. It refers to calorie intake, food types, and times of eating.
If you want to build muscle mass in no time, protein should become your new daily staple product. Your daily protein intake should depend on what kind of training you do and your general level of physical activity. Studies show that it would be best if proteins were between 10-30% of your daily caloric intake.
Foods rich in protein include:
- Meats – Beef and chicken are rich in protein, available in any market, easy to prepare, and tasty!
- Protein Shakes – Most of the gym-goers couldn’t live without protein shakes. You can either buy a protein powder and make it at home or go for an already made protein-based shake. While the flavour, consistency, and amount of protein in the first one are up to you, you might want to read premier protein shakes reviews to know all about the latter option.
- Fish – Salmon and tuna are the most popular to go for among muscle mass builders. They are lean in fat and rich in protein. Salmon with side broccoli is an excellent idea for a healthy lunch.
- Eggs – An ideal breakfast option. If you like to work out in the morning, you will want to eat scrambled or boiled eggs after the training.
For the most optimal results, and the fastest muscle mass growth, proteins should be consumed after the workout.
Carbohydrates are like fuel to your muscles. Around 50 percent of your daily calorie intake should be made of healthy carbs.
It would help if you distinguished the nutritious and the ‘bad’ carbs before planning your diet.
The good ones can be found in:
- Whole grains
- Whole-wheat bread
- Fruit and vegetables
The simple carbs, you wish to avoid, are in such products as:
- White bread
- Sweetened yogurts
It would be best if you ate carbohydrates before the workout. This way, you will provide your muscles with the energy necessary to burn more calories.
There is no faster way to build muscle mass through exercise than lifting weights. For your muscles to grow, they need to feel resistance. Mixing two or three sessions of weightlifting workout with one or two cardio or high-intensity training should help your muscles show in no time.
Things you could be doing as your a part of your resistance training include:
- Using weight machines in the gym.
- Using your own body’s weight for a training session, for example, doing pushups.
- Lifting free weights, such as dumbbells.
- Using resistance bands of various extensibility.
Growing muscle mass and reducing fat tissue is a challenge that requires a lot of stamina, time, and dedication. You will need to be patient and mindful of the diet, as well as the training plans.
The fastest way to increase the metabolism speed and see the desired results is to do weight lifting workouts, eat proteins after the training, and carbohydrates before. Sticking to the nutrition plan should also come with other side benefits, such as better mood, increased energy levels, and higher productivity.
Even though it might not be the easiest task, the results are numerous and rewarding. It is definitely worth a try!