It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve noticed my hair falling each time I comb them or take a shower. I wish I had thicker, longer, and silkier hair like my friend does have. Nothing else in the world embarrasses me much more than this pesky dandruff which doesn’t only stuff my head but runs down towards my shoulders as well.
Any other hair-related issue, you name a few, or any of these mentioned above make one thing certain: You run towards the solution and often pick the products that do the job instantly. But that instant-relief effect isn’t magic or something that can be a natural method of solving your issues. Those kinds of products may be filled with man-made chemicals and can do more harm than good.
But just one single shift towards nature can solve your problems safely and effectively. Yes, that’s a shift towards using essential oils extracted solely from plants/trees. So, let’s find out which are some of the major issues that essential oils can solve effectively.
No More Hair Fall From Now On!
As you start losing hair, you’re more likely to experience the condition very often and at a rapid pace. The main reason is that the number of hair follicles has decreased. Some essential oils to help you overcome the condition include:
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint essential oil has been seen to help increase the number and the depth of hair follicles even somewhat better than minoxidil at an equal concentration. Almost 50% of the oil’s composition is based on Menthol, a chemical component that stimulates blood flow to the hair scalp and therefore minimizes hair fall and maximizes hair growth. Also, the oil’s cooling sensation on the skin helps relieve severe itching which in turn helps keep your fingers from breaking your hair.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – Dandruff is one of the most common ailments that lead to hair dryness and flaky hair. And the worst result is the ultimate hair fall and baldness. Studies revealed that regular 1-week use of Lemongrass essential oil significantly reduced dandruff and improved overall hair health.
- Thyme Essential Oil – This essential oil is mainly associated with reducing hair fall by stimulating the hair scalp and healing scalp inflammation, one of the leading causes of hair loss and weakness.
Hair Growth and Thickness is Now on Your Fingertips
Here are a few essential oils that can help promote hair growth, getting you the denser and thicker appearance on the head!
- Rosemary Essential Oil – Rosemary essential oil is shown to improve the cellular generation of hair which means rapid and healthy growth of hair. Studies also proved that Rosemary essential oil helped with hair growth as effectively as minoxidil, a common hair growth treatment. The interesting thing here is that Using Rosemary essential oil causes less scalp itching which is quite opposite to the use of minoxidil.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil – This woodsy essential oil smells best but does wonder when it comes to natural hair growth. Cedarwood essential oil is believed to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss by balancing the oil-producing glands in the hair scalp. Moreover, the oil’s antifungal and antibacterial properties enable it to combat some other hair conditions that cause hair loss and dandruff.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil – Linalyl acetate is one of the oil’s chemical components that makes it so effective in hair growth. The oil also helps strengthen the hair follicles, making hair more difficult to break.
Say Goodbye to Pesky Head Lice
Almost every human on the planet encounters lice infestation in their heads. If not often, but at least once in their lives. Let’s do some natural cleaning right away.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – The oil’s strong odor and insecticidal properties make it a powerful lice deterrent all the time. The oil does not only help relieve severe itching but helps heal scratches on the hair scalp due to the act of itching the area. For an instant head lice relief, mix 2-3 tablespoons of Peppermint essential oil with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, apply the mixture on your head for 30 minutes, brush through your hair using a nit comb, and you’ll see the dead lice getting out from your life.
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil – The oil’s antimicrobial and antioxidant properties contribute to the overall health of your hair. Cinnamon Leaf essential oil contains benzyl benzoate and cinnamaldehyde that are shown to kill head lice. Additionally, this oil also helps prevent your hair from other bacterial and fungal infections very effectively.
Our Top Tip:
Some other essential oils can also help deal with pesky head lice. The best idea is to make a spray by mixing those essential oils. You need to spray your head, especially near the hair roots, 3-4 times a day and leave it for 30 minutes. Do the wet combing to make things easier. Repeat the process for 2-3 days and see good results.
- Lavender essential oil- 5drops
- Rosemary essential oil- 5drops
- Eucalyptus essential oil- 4drops
- Lemon essential oil– 6drops
- Olive oil- 10 tablespoons
Moving towards essential oils isn’t a shift, instead, it’s one of the greatest decisions that you’ve ever made in terms of your hair care. There’s no gender discrimination for essential oils to work for you. The final piece of advice here is that when buying essential oils, you must do some research to find a company that offers up pure essential oils at affordable prices. Let’s wait a little bit for what positive changes essential oils bring to your life.